I’ve been wanting to make gelatin gummies for a while now and I finally ordered a bunch of stuff from Vital Proteins including this gelatin. So please forgive me if they aren’t totally your cup of tea, because this is my first ever time making gummies (which my autocorrect keeps turning into dummies so please don’t judge me if I accidentally forget to change a typo!). They turned out pretty darn well! The use of raw honey and maybe not totally boiling down the cranberries resulted in a milky color to the gummies versus the clear ones I often see people make but they still taste good! These are definitely firmer gummies and pack a lot of that gut healing gelatin per piece.
Bonus: My kid likes them!
Here you go!
Step by Step (after greasing the pan):
1. Place the cranberries in a small saucepan over medium heat.
2. Once they begin to “pop” add in the honey and heat over medium-low heat until a gelatinous texture.
4. Add the lemon juice and water and bring to a low simmer.
5. Puree the ingredients using an immersion blender or transfer to a blender or cuisinart. (Careful with hot liquids!)
6. Slowly add the gelatin either whisking or immersion blending to avoid clumps.
7. Fill mini muffin tins with 1 Tablespoon of liquid.
8. Place in the refrigerator until set, mine took about 15-20 minutes. After greasing with coconut oil, these popped out like a breeze with a small spoon.
Here you go! Super firm, healthy gut-healing gummies ready from start to finish in like 30 minutes!
I hope you enjoy, let me know what you think!